Why you shouldn’t miss Art Basel in Miami Beach 2015
It doesn’t matter if you don’t click immediately with the idea of contemplating art, all that this show is giving us is outside of the box art and if you live in Miami you just have to be there, otherwise you’ll regret it.
Trust us: More than 200 of the world's leading modern and contemporary art galleries from North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa and Asia display paintings, drawings, sculptures, installations, prints, photography, film, video, and digital art by over 4,000 artists.
Art Basel takes place at the Miami Beach Convention Center. Over 500,000 square feet of exhibition space host the show sectors.
Public artworks are shown nearby at Collins Park, while Film is presented across two venues, inside the MBCC and in the outdoor setting of Sound Scape Park.
Art Basel is divided into these sectors:
- Nova: Two or three artists showing new works that have been created within the last three years.
- Positions: A single artist's work. They allow curators, critics, and collectors to discover ambitious new talents from all over the globe.
- Editions: Leading publishers of editioned works, prints, and multiples exhibit the results of their collaboration with renowned artists.
- Kabinett: Present curated exhibitions in a separately delineated space within their booths.
- Public: Outdoor sculptures, interventions, and performances are shown within an open and public exhibition format at Collins Park, presented by galleries also exhibiting in the Galleries, Nova or Positions sectors of the show. The sector is a collaboration with the Bass Museum of Art.
- Film: Presents works by some of today’s most exciting artists across two venues: inside the Miami Beach Convention Center, and in the outdoor setting of SoundScape Park where works are shown on the 7,000-square-foot outdoor projection wall of the Frank Gehry-designed New World Center.
- Magazine: Art publications from around the world display their magazines in single-magazine stands or the collective booth. Editors and publishers are often present at the show and many magazines contribute presentations to our Salon series, a schedule of presentations, lectures, and discussions by a range of speakers.
- Survey: Presents precise art-historical projects that may include solo presentations by an individual artist.
You don’t have to worry about traffic or parking. There’s free shuttle service available:
You would want to wear the most outrageous outfit that could come out of your closet, and it will be ok, in fact, it has to be this way:
Recommended #BBBags for the occasion: Big Bubble Bags #Miami. Ad: 175 SW 7th St. Suite 1706 Miami, 33130.
Take the most of the Miami life by attending this unique experience in the city, we want to see pictures!